Does CBD Oil Work Alongside Probiotics for Dogs?
If your dog suddenly is having diarrhea, you may be looking for things that you can do at home to help your dog’s diarrhea. Probiotics and CBD products are great to help your dog with diarrhea. If your dog’s diarrhea does not get better after a few days, seek veterinary advice for what else could be causing this diarrhea. This article will explain how probiotics and CBD products can help your dog with diarrhea.
What are probiotics for dogs?
Probiotics are good bacteria that are naturally found in your pets’ intestinal tract in medication form for your dog to take. These can be either as a paste, powder or in a capsule. These can be put on your dog’s food to help restore the natural gastrointestinal microflora in your dog’s gut.
Beneficial Bacteria in the Digestive Tract
- Lactobacillus: these bacteria help improve the health of the GI tract.
- Bifidobacterium: These are found in the large intestines and help improve the overall intestinal health and treat inflammation in the lining of the intestines. This will help resolve your dog diarrhea very quickly.
- Streptococcus: This is a normal GI bacteria that will help your intestines fight off the bad pathogens that are causing your dog to have diarrhea.
- Enterococcus: These bacteria help with digestion. It also fights off bad bacteria that will commonly cause your dog to have diarrhea.
Depending on what brand of probiotics that you use, they may contain just one of these or all four. The more that they contain, the better the supplement. Probiotics come in many different formulas that contain different bacteria. The more bacteria present, the better they will be to provide support for your dog.
Aid in digestion
Probiotics aid in the digestion of food. These bacteria that normally live in the intestinal tract help break down food and help your body with digestion.
Modulate immune system
Probiotics help strengthen the immune system by providing aid to the already inflamed GI tract.
Improves response to stress
When your dog is stressed, they commonly experience diarrhea. During this time, your pet’s intestinal tract is inflamed and irritated. Probiotics and CBD products can help decrease the inflammation and help decrease the stress in the intestinal tract.
Can help with allergic itching
Probiotics will help rebalance the intestinal tract. If your dog has food allergies and is now itching, giving them probiotics and CBD products will help restore your pet’s GI tract and help decrease the itching.
Can CBD Oil work alongside probiotics for dogs?
Yes, CBD Oil can work alongside probiotics. By giving your pet both CBD oil and probiotics will help clear up your dog’s diarrhea quicker. Some dogs have diarrhea due to stress, and CBD products will help decrease the anxiety and help clear up your dog’s diarrhea.
What is CBD Oil?
Cannabidiol or CBD is found in the hemp plants. Unlike what many people believe, CBD does not contain THC. THC is the compound found in marijuana responsible for the euphoric state. There are many ways to extract CBD oils from the hemp plant, the best extraction method being CO2. CO2 uses carbon dioxide at high pressures and low temperatures to extract the CBD from the plant. This method is the most expensive but leaves you with a safe product that is free of chlorophyll. When looking for CBD products, make sure that they are extracted using the CO2 method for the purest product.
What can CBD Oil do for dogs?
There are many reasons that you should be giving your dog CBD products. These can be given as a daily supplement to help prevent problems or for a short period of time during an illness. These are a few reasons that you would want to give your dog CBD products.
- Calm stress: If your dog suffers from anxiety from car rides, thunderstorms, or fireworks, CBD products can be given before these events happen to help decrease stress.
- Aid in allergic itching. During the spring and summer, many dogs suffer from allergies. They are usually very itchy. CBD products have been shown to help decrease itchiness and repair the natural skin barrier.
- Quell anxiety: Some dogs get very anxious when you leave home. If your dog suffers from anxiety when your away, giving them CBD products to help keep them calm. These products have proven to be very successful in aiding dogs who suffer from anxiety.
- Aid in digestive issues: If your dog is now suddenly having diarrhea or vomiting, CBD products can help decrease their nausea and increase their appetite. By giving these products with probiotics, your dog can quickly return to a healthy and happy life.
There are many options of ways to administer CBD to your dog. This can be done with a traditional, full-spectrum CBD oil, or by mixing CBD infused coconut oil with your dogs food, or just giving your dog CBD infused dog treats.