CBD Oil Ingredients – How to Find a Quality Product?
CBD is a compound in a hemp extract, gaining popularity among people who appreciate natural solutions. However, when you think about competitive goods and cosmetics, it automatically becomes clear that it is hard to evaluate the ingredients if you don’t understand them. So how to find quality CBD oils? The answer is waiting for you in today’s entry!
CBD oil – is it safe?
To discuss the ingredients of any CBD oil, first, we want to make sure that you understand what it is and how it may affect your well-being and health.
Many people confuse CBD with marijuana and the mind-altering substance – THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). While the latter is psychoactive and can make you feel “high,” the cannabidiol present in the cannabis plant (CBD) doesn’t cause similar sensations.
In a nutshell, cannabidiol is an active chemical compound derived from the hemp plant. It interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system and is recognized as a potential solution for several medical conditions. According to one of the available studies, CBD may help with several issues.
Full-spectrum, isolate, and broad-spectrum CBD – what are they?
When selecting a CBD oil, it’s crucial to consider the abovementioned features, as they have an impact on the ingredients you can find in the oil, apart from the cannabidiol:
- Full-spectrum CBD – it contains all ingredients and compounds naturally found in hemp. However, don’t be afraid that the oil will make you feel intoxicated, as THC doesn’t exceed 0.2% of dry weight when talking about hemp-derived CBD products.
- Broad-spectrum CBD – this variant also comes with all compounds and ingredients naturally found in cannabis, except for THC.
- CBD isolate – it’s considered to be the purest variant, isolated from hemp extract. It also comes without tetrahydrocannabinol. Keep in mind that this form is usually scentless.
Flavonoids, cannabinoids, and terpenes – how to understand them?
Apart from CBD and THC, cannabis plants include cannabinoids and compounds called flavonoids and terpenes.
As mentioned above, cannabinoids interact with our endocannabinoid systems, ensuring that our nervous and immune systems work correctly.
Terpenes are believed to show properties that have a therapeutic impact on the body and boost our general well-being.
And last but not least, flavonoids (compounds also present in products like green tea or certain fruit types) are believed to prevent infections, inflammations and to improve immune response.
How to make sure that you buy quality CBD oil?
Now when you’re familiar with compounds and ingredients that you can find in a CBD oil, it’s time to determine how to verify the label to ensure that you buy a product tailored to your needs.
Below you’ll find a list of tips that should make the task easier:
1. Check if the label mentions CBD (cannabidiol). Remember that it might be listed as a hemp extract in some countries due to regulations.
2. Avoid products that include only hemp seed oil, Cannabis sativa seed oil, or hemp seeds. These aren’t interchangeable with CBD.
3. Double-check the ingredients to see if your selected product doesn’t include compounds you’re allergic to.
4. If you choose the full-spectrum variant, check the THC level to guarantee that it meets your requirements.
5. Check if your CBD comes with a COA (a document proving that the product is trustworthy, as it’s been tested by a trusted accredited laboratory).
6. In the case of full or broad-spectrum CBD oil, verify if it contains compounds like cannabinol (CBN), cannabidiol acid (CBDA), cannabichromene (CBC), and cannabigerol (CBG).
Hopefully, now you can safely shop for a CBD oil, that will meet your expectations. To learn more, go to our entry: What is hemp oil?
SUBSCRIBE AND GET A FREE SIMPLE GUIDE TO CBD E-BOOK AND 15% OFF ON YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Do not miss any news about our new products, promotions & discounts, and besides the free CBD e-book, you also get 15% off on your first order!